Canadians For A Civil Society is seeking candidates to join its Board of Directors, beginning in September 2020, to serve for an initial three-year term, up to a maximum of three three-year terms.
CCS’s Mission We advocate, share, and celebrate Canadian values and human rights as a way of life by engaging people and communities.
Canadians for a Civil Society (CCS) is a volunteer organization committed to advancing human dignity, a culture of peace, and the full enjoyment of the human birthright to a life free of fear and free of want: the foundations of civil society. Committed to inclusion and pluralism as the essential foundations of a communitarian life of meaning and purpose, CCS believes in our collective responsibility to give voice to the voiceless and agency to the powerless, and societal development that leaves none behind.
Board of Directors Qualifications and Attributes– CCS is seeking interested individuals who:
· Have a passion for CCS’s mission and work
· Bring a broad perspective on Canadian values and human rights in the Edmonton community
· Are able to build relationships and advocate for human rights concerns and initiatives
· Are engaged, capable and interested in serving on a governance and administrative not-for-profit Board
· Can commit to attending up to 9 board meetings a year, a strategic planning day, and participating in at least one board committee – a time commitment of up to 10 hours/month
The board welcomes applications from all interested candidates. In particular, we are seeking candidates who offer:
· Previous board and governance experience
· Human rights advocacy and programming experience
· Leadership experience, particularly on not for profit boards
CCS actively seeks to have a board representing the diversity of Edmonton’s citizens, from all communities, and the full range of cultural, ethnic, faith, sexual orientation and ability backgrounds. Interested candidates are encouraged to review the CCS website and recent CCS Annual Reports.
Please forward your expression of interest (maximum 300 words) and resume or CV to email@example.com Attn: David Ridley, Nominations & Succession Committee, by September 3, 2020